(Trafalgar Square on Saturday)
I can’t believe it’s nearly August already, this year is flying by! The sun was still around this weekend, although it seemed a little cooler in the mornings. I did Race for Life yesterday morning so was very grateful that I wasn’t running in 25 degree heat, but luckily the sun came out in time for Christina, who spent the day frolicking in the sea J
Let’s have a round-up of the weekend news…
- TFL announced that, from September 16th, customers will be able to pay for the Tube, London Overground, DLR and Trams with contactless payment. The technology will calculate the best value for contactless payment, with Daily and ‘Monday to Sunday’ fare capping. (Source: @TFLOfficial)
- The much-anticipated Secret Cinema event, Back to the Future was cancelled last week. Due to open on Thursday, those behind the event gave little notice of the cancellation to those attending, and haven’t given much information since… (Read more about that here) I’ve got tickets for this Thursday, so hopefully everything will go to plan!
- A train at Mile End underground station on Saturday morning narrowly missed being hit by masonry falling into a tunnel. No-one was hurt, and although the Central Line was suspended for a while, it was declared safe, and the damages will be repaired during engineering hours.
- As Christina mentioned in Midweek Musings, The Commonwealth Games kicked off last week, and England are second in the medals table, we have 23 Gold medals so far! There are lots of familiar faces stepping onto the podium, including Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee, Tom Daley and Nicola Adams.
- Camden Beach opened at the Roundhouse this weekend, bring back the sunshine, we want to go!